Simple and quick grease trap maintenance
Grease stopper maintenance should be done regularly to ensure proper operation. This involves emptying the grease trap of solid waste and grease accumulated during its use. In the longer term, a complete grease trap cleaning is necessary to remove the fine waste deposited at the bottom. You will find the complete and detailed procedure in our video:
Regular grease trap cleaning
The frequency of cleaning the grease interceptor will be determined by the use you make of it. Professional discharging large quantities of grease will have to ensure a more frequent emptying of the grease trap to avoid clogging of the lamellar system and overflow of the apparatus.
The lamellar system increases the efficiency of our BAGT®xxn grease traps by 3 to 5 times more depending on the model or more. For example, our model BAGT®200N, (useful volume: 50 liters) tested according to EN1825, size 1, has an efficiency equivalent to that of a buried tank of 380 liters useful.
How to clean your grease trap?
Here is the procedure to clean your grease trap:
Dispose of solid waste every 2 days:
- > take out the waste basket,
- > throw the solid waste in the trash and rinse the basket,
- > replace the basket and the lid in place
- > close the latches to ensure that the grease trap is properly sealed.
Collect fat every 2 to 4 days:
- > For low-capacity models BAGT 25 and BAGT 40, without grease drain valve: open the lid of the tank and collect grease with the ladle or directly with the basket if they are frozen.
- > For larger models BAGT®COMPACT, BAGT®80N, BAGT®200N and BAGT®400N, with grease drain valve: Close the water outlet valve to raise the level and then open the outlet valve fats and let the fat flow into a container. Close the valve as soon as water starts to come out. Open the water outlet again. This operation should be done preferably after the dive, when the water is hot and the fat still fluid.
The complete cleaning of the grease trap is recommended every 3 months if the grease tank drain valve is not connected to the network, otherwise once a year is sufficient. No need to pump the grease trap for this operation, just empty the grease trap of the elements that make it up (basket, lamellar system and scyphoid sheet) to access the bottom. Then let the water flow from the inlet or make-up water valve and open the drain valve. This procedure assures you the complete cleaning of the grease trap.
Wastewater and sanitation with the grease trap
To ensure good sanitation with the grease trap installed in your kitchen, remember to drain and clean the grease trap as often as necessary. The recovered fats are recoverable in the HAU (Used Food Oils) sector; they must be stored in a drum while waiting for their collection by a specialized company. Made of 304 quality food grade stainless steel, the BAGT requires very little maintenance.
Good grease trap maintenance for optimum performance
Grease trap maintenance is essential to ensure proper operation. Our grease traps are made entirely of 304L stainless steel, which guarantees their high quality and durability. Indeed, a regular cleaning integrated in the daily cleaning procedure allows in less than 5 min to achieve optimum maintenance.